Friday, June 25, 2010

the bench that will someday be done....

This is my current project! Seriously, it has been giving me the hardest time.. The one thing I have learned is that using good-quality high-end products is 110% worth the cost! I bought some cheap primer that just ruined my whole project... :(
So today I started over with some great primer and it is already looking so much better. Although my hands are so sore from sanding this bench that I could hardly spray the primer on afterwards.
I have worked so hard to make this bench shine again that I can't wait to show you "after" pictures. since I'm not close to being done yet, I'll just have to post my "before" pictures now.


This is what the bench looked like the first time sanding it down. What had happened is as this bench sat outside, the varnish got all crusty and no one liked to sit on it. sad.
The other morning I was outside drinking my morning smoothie *soy milk, frozen blueberries, and half a frozen banana with a splash of flaxseed oil. blend. enjoy.
I saw this beautiful bench covered in dirt and old varnish... I didn't even finish my smoothie. I started washing and sanding this bench early in the morning while my smoothie melted in the morning sun.
I look forward to showing the finished product, complete with throw pillows n' all.
xoxo have a fine day.

0 comments: