Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yesterday... was amazing.
The morning started late, I woke up around 9:00 and slowly got ready for the day. I started by trying to replicate my successful poached egg that I did the day before (apperently it's easier to do on a gas stove)... not as good as before but still tasty enough to eat. I watch part of the swimming Olympic tryouts on TV... and started getting ready for the day. For some reason my makeup wasn't working for me... I think my skin was a little too dry and just looked patchy. So I washed it off moisturized some more and tried it again. turned out good, not great though. I quickly straightened my hair and finally around 11:00 I was ready for the day. A half hour later Chad and I were out the door and on our way to Salt Lake City. Chad got a gift certificate to Braza Grill from our friends Laine and Elyse for his birthday last month. We ate there for lunch... it was delicious!! seriously! I think it was better than Tucanos... seriously amazing. We had a great time talking, laughing, and enjoying great food together... magical like.
The place must have been way more busy than they had anticipated for that day, because there was a single server and the place was almost full. It gave us plenty of time to have conversation while waiting for our food.
We finished at Braza Grill not too extremely full (thankfully) and drove ourselves to temple square. First we decided to visit the Church History Museum where we walked three floors of amazing things. My favorties were probably the death masks of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. Seeing the handwritting of the prophets as they displayed their journals and letters to loved-ones. I enjoyed seeing Joseph and Hyrum's pistols that they had and fired in Carthage jail trying to defend themselves. I had gained a stronger sense of the pioneers and their incredable spirit and dedication to creating Zion. It's amazing and testimony building seeing those things of the past.
Next we went to the conference center and took a tour! Very fun.... it's just so massive! The art work is all original. We spent over an hour looking at everything in there.
Then we went to dinner... it was 7:30 and we were hungry! We had done so much walking around it was nice to sit for a while. We ate at The Lion House... Chicken, potatoes, gravy, salad and the famous rolls. Very YUM! Then in just in time, we were able to get a tour at The Beehive House. It was so beautiful too! and to see it is amazing! Just to think about what their lives must have been like after crossing the plains and finally being in the Salt Lake Valley and building Zion and helping others come to Utah too... they were so busy with the Lord's work.
The sisters who gave us a tour were great as well. One was from India and the other from South Carolina. Both so beautiful and friendly. My favorite rooms in the house were... all of them!
After that we went to temple square and saw the replica model of the temple and the rooms inside. By this time we were very tired. We went to the car and guess what.... it didn't start! ahh.... we tried and tried and tried.... I was getting worried but we kept the faith and finally we got it running and we were fine the rest of the way home.
We arrived home around 10pm and couldn't wait to shower and get to bed (at least I couldn't). slept soo goood..

0 comments: