Monday, February 15, 2010

IN and OUt up and Down That's what makes the World GO 'Round.

I love cooking. Having no real kitchen of my own makes me miss it so much.
Tomorrow for my public speaking class I have to demonstrate how to make something. I have chosen to do "How to make a chocolate trifle". The only thing that makes me nervous is that I've never made this recipie before... but I have read it over and over so many times that I truely have it memorized. Hopefully that will be good enough for an A on the speech.
The recipie sounds delicious
!
Chocolate Trifle
INGREDIENTS:
1 package brownie mix (19.8oz)
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9oz)
1/2 Cup Water
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (8oz)
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (12oz)

1 bar chocolate candy (1.5oz)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.

2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounce whipped topping until no streaks remain.

3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

Sounds Yummy, huh!

Speaking to my sister today, she recommended a book written by Julia Child about her life in France. I'm looking forward to reading it myself. Anyone else read it?


Also today I showed my mom the easy way of pealing garlic cloves. I noticed she was doing it to slow painful way. I showed her how to crush it so the peal slid right off. I felt special teaching my mom something. I sometimes feel like she really does know it all. Does everyone feel that way about their mom?

My birthday is in a month. What should I do? I must plan it, or it wont be properly celebrated. LOL.

OH, and I need a vacation. Even Idaho sounds like bliss right now compaired to the hum-drum of my life at this point.

much love. Lesa




0 comments: